Bandera -- Aterciopelados

In September, the Colombian musical group Atercipelados announced the release of a cartoon using their song Bandera. Bandera is a song with quite a politcal statement.

Here are the lyrics:

Quién dice cuál es la bandera -- Who says which is the flag
que sobre un pedazo de tierra ondará? -- that flies over a certain piece of earth
Quién decide quién tiene el poder -- Who decides who has the right
de limitar mi caminar? Dime quién-- to limit my walk, tell me who
Que quién es usted? que dónde nací? -- Who are you and where were you born
Entonces no puede venir por aquí! -- well then you can't come over here
Que de qué color es y qué donde nací? -- what color are you and where was I born
Entonces no puede venir por aquí! -- well then you can't come here

Quién dijo que un trozo de tela -- Who told you that a piece of cloth
cierran las puertas y las fronteras? -- closes the doors and the boarders
Quién me limita este mi planeta? -- Who limits me on this my planet
Si soy tercermundista -- if I am a third worlder
y empaco mis maletas -- and I pack my suitcases

Que quién es usted? -- Who are you
que dónde nací? -- Where was I born
Entonces no puede venir por aquí! -- Well then you cannot come over here
Que de qué color es y que dónde nací? -- what color are you and where was I born
Entonces no puede venir por aquí! -- Well then you cannot come over here

Cómo te vas a aprovechar -- How are you going to take advantage
de que no tengo papeles -- {of the fact} that I don't have papers
de que soy ilegal? -- that I am illegal?
Mi trabajo humilde y tenaz -- My humble and hard work
vale lo mismo que el tuyo -- is worth the same as yours
o quiza más -- or perhaps more

Que quien es usted? -- Who are you
Que donde nació? -- Where were you born
Entonces no puede entrar a esta nación! -- Well then you can't enter this nation
Usted conquistado no es conquistador -- You were the conquered not the conqueror
Usted no puede soñar con una vida mejor -- You can't dream of a better life.

Watch the new video here:



Better yet! Download the song FOR FREE at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Bandera/dp/B002CL5GKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1287802541&sr=8-1-catcorr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Colombian Names

Most Common Last Names in Colombia

La Madremonte