Best Alternative Song

A couple of weeks ago, I highlighted the Colombian musical group CHOCQUIBTOWN. Well, as it turns out, they performed on the Latin Grammy awards program last week. Not only were they asked to perform, but they won for the BEST ALTERNATIVE SONG. A Colombian love fest with the Yellow, Blue, Red flag colors lighting the stage and the group yelling "Colombia" several times.

I have to say that my favorite line in the song refers to the fact that all around the Pacific Coast of Colombia everyone rides a motorcycle and that everyone in the world has cars, but the people of the Pacific. My brother-in-law, who works there, once mentioned that he had never seen more motorcycles than there are there. So, this part made me smile.

You can see their Grammy performance of "De Dónde Vengo Yo" (Where I Come From) here:




Here's the original video with great pictures of Choco and Quibdó:



Here is a link to an article about their performance. It points out the importance of this Grammy for Afrolatinos.

http://mog.com/blog_post/content/560/2518720

Comments

Notorious MLE said…
I love this. Am drafting it into Five for Friday this week for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Colombian Names

Most Common Last Names in Colombia

Most Popular Female Baby Names in Colombia -- 2000-2010