La Invitación -- Jorge Celedón & Jimmy Zambrano

More Colombian Love Fest. At the opening ceremonies of the Under 20 World Cup, Jorge Celedón sang the following song called "La Invitación" (the invitation). It is a welcome to Colombia for anyone who wants to visit.



Here are the lyrics and partial translation for the song:

Como te quiero Colombia! -- How I love you Colombia

Saludos desde Colombia a todo el mundo, -- Greetings from Colombia to the whole world

con esta canción que nace en el corazón, -- with this song that is born in my heart

perdonen si con mi canto les interrumpo, -- forgive me if with my song I interrupt you

les pido 3 minutitos de su atención, -- I ask you for 3 minutes of your attention

Les quiero contar del valle y de la montaña, -- I want to tell you about the valleys and the mountains

de como se ve la siembra color marrón, -- how the crops look brown (golden) in color

de como huele mi tierra cuando la bañan, -- how my land smells when it is washed (by the)

goticas de aguita fresca que manda Dios. -- drops of fresh water that God sends.

CHORUS

Mi tierra santa, me dijo que les hiciera la invitación, -- My holy land has told me to extend to you an invitation

a la parranda, -- to the party

ay para que cantemos juntos con mi acordeón -- so that we can sing together with my accordion

Por el Carnaval que hay en Barranquilla, -- about the Carnival in Barranquilla

por el Monserrate de Bogotá, -- about Monserrate in Bogota

por esas bonitas Ferias de Cali, -- about the beautiful Cali Fair

Festival Vallenato en Valledupar, -- the Vallenato Festival in Valledur

por las bellas playas de Cartagena, -- about the beautiful beaches in Cartagena

Santa Marta y Fiestas del Mar,

por el aguardiente y las cosas buenas, -- about the Aguaardiente (Colombian liquor) and the good things

Café de Colombia ven a tomar, -- Colombian Coffee you need to come and drink

por la Feria de las Flores que hacemos en Medellín, -- about the Flower Fair that we do in Medellin

la parranda en mi Guajira, -- the party in my Guajira.

y las arepas de maíz, -- and the corn Arepas

por mi gente que es tan buena, -- for my people that are so good

y a mi nombre de mi nación, -- and the name of my nation

Colombia te abre las puertas, -- Colombia, who opens to you its doors

de su inmenso corazón. -- and its immense heart.

Ay hombe! San Andrés y Providencia,

Ayayay

Para el San Pedro, pégate la rodadita
y de ahí para Bucaramanga, la ciudad Bonita
Pensaron que iba a olvidarme de lo mas puro,
de la que me dio la vida y me hace feliz,
lo sabe el niñito santo y todito el mundo,
ay que las mujeres mas bellas están aquí,
los Llanos bailan alegres con el joropo,
el porro de mi Sabana ven a sentir,
Ay las hembras bailando cumbias nos vuelve locos,
Y juro que cuando vengas también a ti.

REPEAT CHORUS

Ayayay

Y al Carnaval de Blancos y Negros
Vamos, vamos!! Aquí te hago la invitación
Al Cuna de Acordeones, Villanueva
Sincelejo y Montería, bailen, bailen…
Sigan pa los Aguinaldos Boyacenses
y el Carnaval de Ocaña
Cúcuta, allá voy, allá voy, ahí nos vemos…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Colombian Names

Most Common Last Names in Colombia

Most Popular Female Baby Names in Colombia -- 2000-2010